Polyamide (PA) or Nylons were the first of the thermoplastic engineering materials. Nylon 6/6 and nylon 6 are the most widely used types. Nylon 6 properties are similar to nylon 6/6, but it absorbs moisture more rapidly and has a lower melting point.
- 210° F Continuous Use Temperature
- High Strength, stiffness and toughness
- Good wear and abrasion Resistance
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
- Easily Machined and Fabricated
- Bushings and bearings
- Pistons and valves
- Rollers and wheels
- Electrical components
- Food processing equipment components
- Sheaves and pulleys
- Gears, sprockets, and star wheels
- Pump components
- Wear pads and Wear strips
Our extruded stock shapes of the following grades provide a wide range of performance options for demanding applications:
Glass reinforced Nylon:
- 10% to 30% Glass Fiber reinforced Nylon 6 (Natural, Black)
- 10% to 30% Glass Fiber reinforced Nylon 6/6 (Natural, Black)
Molybdenum Disulfide filled Nylon:
- MoS2 reinforced Nylon 6/6; APEXCONylonMoS2
- Please contact us to discuss custom nylon grades or color not listed above.
APEXCO-PPSI uses prime virgin resins. All products are fully traceable back to raw material lot.